NETLinkŪ PRO PoE, PROFIBUS Ethernet Gateway
Now available with Power over Ethernet
NETLink® PRO PoE for programming, configuring and visualization of S7 PLCs obtains the power via the CPU interface of the automation unit or optionally by an external 24V DC power unit or via the CAT5 Network-cable with the help of an PoE energy supply unit. The 1.2 meter connecting cable is an active cable and therefore it does not influence any other installed participants in the bus system.
Generally, a connection to every MPI/PROFIBUS interface of the bus system is possible. A direct connection to the interfaces of active or passive bus devices is also feasible. The connector casing has an integrated PG socket, which permits connection of further devices. NETLink® PRO PoE permits conversion from TCP/IP to MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS with a maximum of 32 simultaneous links, and supports the communication to passive participants by activating the switchable Single-Master function. The integration of SCADA, HMI, and OPC applications can be realized via the widely used ISO on TCP (RFC1006) protocol, and NETLink® PRO PoE detects and forwards those requests automatically. The integrated web interface offers now even more parameterization, diagnostics and security features. Additional future functions can be updated independently by the user at any time. For this purpose, we provide our diagnostic software SHTools for free. The latest version is available for download.
• RFC 1006 (ISO on TCP)
• CPU-to-CPU communication
• Powered Device (PD) according to the IEEE Standards 802.3af (POE) and IEEE 802.3at (POE+)
• Support for all common S7 Engineering Tools
• Dynamic address assignment with DHCP
• Security functions for securing TCP/IP access
• Additional CPU write protection
• For S7-200*), S7-300*), S7-400*)
• Up to 16 TCP connections
• Up to 32 links on MPI/PROFIBUS
• Simple configuration via the web interface
• Variable monitoring in the browser window
• Support of slave parameterization
• Electrical isolation to the MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS
• MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS from 9.6 kbps up to 12 Mbps
*) S7-200, S7-300 and S7-400 are registered trademarks of Siemens AG.