The CAN bus connector serves the purpose of connecting a CAN bus participant to the CAN bus cable. The connector is quickly mounted and has an integrated, connectable terminating resistor.
- Order number: 700-690-1BA12
Helmholz offers you the CAN bus connector for transmission rates up to 1 Mbps.
The CAN bus connector is plugged directly onto the CAN bus interface (SUB-D socket, 9-pin) of the CAN bus participants. The CAN bus cables are connected using 6-pin screw terminals.
A slide switch is used to set whether the connector is to be used as a node or at the segment end.
The switch can also be operated in the installed condition. The setting is clearly visible.
In node setting (“OFF”), the connector must be operated when the incoming and outgoing bus are connected to each other. The terminating resistor is then ineffective.
As segment end (“ON”), the connector must be set on the first and last (outermost) participants of the segment respectively. In this case the terminating resistor is connected on the incoming bus, and the outgoing bus is disconnected.
The CAN connectors also work in the extended ambient temperature range of -25 °C to +85 °C.
- 24 V for participant supply
- Metalized housing
- No parts that can be lost
- Small size
- The maximum ambient temperature for UL is +60 °C
- Order number700-690-1BA12
- Article nameCAN bus connector 90°, without additional connection jack
- Scope of deliveryCAN bus connector 90°
- Dimensions (DxWxH)64 x 40 x 17
- WeightApprox. 40 g
- Cable outletvertical
- Terminating resistorResistor 120 Ω integrated and switchable with slide switch
- Additional connection jackNo
- CAN bus cableWires up to 0.5 mm², 60/75 °C copper cable
- Maximum outside diameter8.0 mm
- Voltage supplyDC 24 V
- Transmission ratemax. 1 Mbps
- ConnectionSUB-D female connector, 9-pin
- Connector typeterminal strips
- Ambient temperature-25 °C … +85 °C( The maximum ambient temperature for UL is +60 °C.)
- Transport and storage temperature-25 °C … +85 °C
- Relative air humidity70 % at +25 °C
- Pollution degree2
- Protection ratingIP20
- CertificationsCE, UL
|CAN bus connector, 90°, installation instruction||561 KB|
|EU Declaration of Confirmity||10-2018||43 KB|
|CAN bus connector 90°, STEP files||1 MB|