PROFINET switch, 4/8-Port, managed
Connect up to eight network participants to save time and costs with the managed PROFINET switch.
It supports PROFINET according to Conformance Class B and offers transmission security through ring redundancy as an MRP client.
One of the most important functions of a PROFINET switch is the prioritizing of the PROFINET frame traffic in the machine network. It can differentiate whether the frame is a web query, an FTP file transmission, a media stream or a PROFINET frame. In the case of a high transmission load, the important frames can thus be prioritized in order to prevent frame losses.
With a GSDML file you can integrate the switch into your automation environment in the usual way.
It is also possible to carry out a diagnosis and/or configuration via Telnet or SSH.
The supported PROFINET protocols, such as LLDP, DCP or even diagnosis alarms, can be easily configured and administered.
Technical advantages when using a PROFINET switch
• Prioritizing of PROFINET frames
• Assignment of a configuration via the device name
• Neighborhood detection
• Device exchange without programming device
• Ring redundancy
• Each port can be activated or deactivated
• Diagnostic messages for network problems
• Identification and maintenance data
• PROFINET Conformance Class B
• Managed switch with 4/8 x 100 Mbps RJ45 ports
• Integration into the automation network with GSDML file
• Quick and easy configuration and diagnosis via web interface or PROFINET
• Configuration via command line (Telnet, SSH)
• LLDP, DCP, SNMP, diagnosis alarms
• Media redundancy: MRP client
• Port mirroring
• Network statistics (frames and errors)
• Time synchronization via SNTP
Our products contain, among others, open source software. This software is subject to the applicable licensing conditions. We will send you the appropriate licensing conditions, including a copy of the complete licensing text, together with the product. These are also available in our download area of the respective product under www.helmholz.de. We also offer to send you or any third party the complete source code of the applicable open source software as a DVD upon request for a contribution towards costs of 10.00 Euro. This offer is valid for a period of three years as of the delivery of the product.