WALL IE, Industrial Ethernet Bridge and Firewall
WALL IE, the Industrial Ethernet Bridge and Firewall, simply integrates your machinery network into the higher-level production network. A package filter protects the networks from unauthorized access. If identical IP address ranges are to be realized, WALL IE functions as a bridge.
The NAT operating mode serves the forwarding of the data traffic between various IPv4 networks. It enables the address translation via NAT and uses package filters for the limitation of access to the automation network located behind.
In the bridge operating mode, WALL IE acts as a layer 2 switch. In contrast with normal switches, however, package filtering is also possible in this operating mode. This means that the restriction of access to individual areas of your network can be achieved without having to use different networks for this purpose.
• Integration of machine networks into the higher-level plant network
• Bridge functionality for identical IP address ranges
• NAT (Basic NAT, NAPT and port forwarding)
• Access restriction through package filters: IPV4 addresses, protocol (TCP/UDP), ports, MAC addresses
• Fast and easy configuration through responsive web interface
• Static routes to other networks
• Reporting of incidents to a Syslog server
• Configuration Export/import
• Industry-compatible design for installation on DIN rails
Our products contain, among others, open source software. This software is subject to the applicable licensing conditions. We will send you the appropriate licensing conditions, including a copy of the complete licensing text, together with the product. These are also available in our download area of the respective product under www.helmholz.de. We also offer to send you or any third party the complete source code of the applicable open source software as a DVD upon request for a contribution towards costs of 10.00 Euro. This offer is valid for a period of three years as of the delivery of the product.