NETLinkŪ PRO PoE, PROFIBUS Ethernet gateway
With Power over Ethernet capabilities
The NETLink® PRO PoE for programming, configuring, and visualizing S7 PLCs draws its supply voltage through the CPU of the automation device, or optionally via externally supplied DC 24 V or a CAT5 network cable using a PoE power supply unit.
The 1.2 m long connecting cable is designed as an active cable and therefore does not affect bus participants installed in the system.
In general, the connection to each MPI/PROFIBUS connection of the bus system or directly at the interfaces of active and passive participants is also possible. The PG socket integrated in the connector housing allows connection of additional devices.
The NETLink® PRO PoE enables the implementation of TCP/IP on MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS with up to 32 simultaneous connection channels. With the switchable single-master operation, passive bus participants can be addressed. The integration of SCADA, HMI, and OPC applications is possible via the widely used ISO on TCP (RFC 1006) protocol. The applications are automatically detected and forwarded by the NETLink® PRO PoE.
The integrated web interface offers parameterization, diagnostic, and security features, and for functional enhancements the user can use our free diagnostic software SHTools to automatically perform firmware updates, for example. The software’s latest version is available via the downloadbutton below.
• RFC 1006 (ISO on TCP)
• CPU-to-CPU communication (with S7-300* and S7-400*)
• Powered Device (PD) as defined in IEEE Standards 802.3af (POE) and 802.3at (POE+)
• Support for all common S7 engineering tools
• Dynamic address assignment using DHCP
• Security functions for securing TCP/IP access
• PLC write protection feature can be enabled and disabled
• Up to 16 TCP connections
• Up to 32 MPI/PROFIBUS connections
• Easy configuration via web interface
• Variables can be monitored on a browser window
• Support for configuring slave parameters
• Electrical isolation for MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS
• MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS from 9.6 kbps to 12 Mbps
• For S7-200*, S7-300*, S7-400*
* S7-200, S7-300 and S7-400 are registered trademarks of Siemens AG.