Easily connect CAN-based drives to PROFINET - now with SAE J1939 protocol
High performance and flexibility - CAN applications with the Helmholz PN/CAN gateway
The Helmholz PN/CAN gateways enable a safe and flexible connection of any CAN devices to PROFINET. Product variants are available for CANopen, CAN Slave, CAN Layer2 and now - brand new - also for the SAE J1939 CAN protocol. With over 20 years of experience in the field of CAN applications in a wide range of industries, Helmholz today solves CAN connections of all kinds safely and reliably with its PN/CAN gateways.
Helmholz has once again expanded the product portfolio of its PN/CAN gateways and is now presenting a further gateway variant in addition to the CANopen master, slave and Layer2. The new family member of the Helmholz PN/CAN gateways with SAE J 1939 protocol support is easily configurable and can be used as a complete SAE J1939 device or for free diagnostics. Like all gateways of the Helmholz family, it also impresses with its easy-to-use approach.
The I/O data of the CAN nodes are mapped transparently and freely configurable into the PROFINET network and processed directly in the PLC. The PN/CAN gateway is integrated into the hardware configurator with a GSDML file and fully configured there. Further software tools for parameterization or handling blocks for programming are not necessary, which makes the use of the gateway particularly uncomplicated.
Likewise, in addition to the standard functions of the common protocols, many special applications can be solved with all PN/CAN gateways from Helmholz, such as:
- Maximum configuration of a plant by dynamic use of the real device configuration.
- Controlled re-parameterization of CANopen nodes from the application during start-up and operation (hot-plug/hot-swap).
- Fast data transmission in transparent mode with over 100 ring buffers for highly parallel communication.
- Change of bit rate and node ID of CAN devices via LSS protocol.
- Integration of non-compliant CANopen devices into a CANopen network.
- Full SAE J1939 device functionality through flexible application programming.
The Helmholz Support Team offers personal and free advice and provides unerring support in finding the right CAN solution, even for specific applications.
Would you like individual advice?
Our experts are always there for you! You can reach us directly by phone at +49 9135 7380-0.
For those who prefer to write, simply send an e-mail to: email@example.com